[bksvol-discuss] Re: Where are those contrarians?

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:00:32 -0400

Kaitlyn,

If you are using Kurzweil 9.0 or 9.2, make sure "use operator page numbers" is selected in the general menu. Find the page where the actual book begins. There are usually preliminary pages that are not numbered.
If you are scanning the book use the earliest page number given and either count the pages back to page 1, or if you are good at math subtract that number from the page number Kurzweil gives and move there. When you have the first page,
go to the navigation menu with alt v and enter 1 in the set page number field. The Kurzweil page number will from there on be the printed page number. If it is not you have missed a page or scanned a page twice.
Using this system I can be sure I have all the pages as I am removing the headers.

Jim

At 05:53 PM 7/24/05, you wrote:

Hi Jim,

Okay, being still some what a newbie and haven't come across this yet...

<<, however, if  you set the operator page numbers to skip the preliminary
pages and set page 1 at the actual beginning of the book they are then
correct and the table of contents  matches, so I do not believe there any
missing page breaks.>>

How does one do this:)

Kaitlyn Level III Practitioner Reconnective healing and the Reconnection Level 1 Reiki healing Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Find your vessel and fill it wih the light and with the light behind the light,Then let the light shine for the world so others may know the truth -----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of The Pardees Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:15 AM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Where are those contrarians?

Kenneth,
I have just redownloaded Thieves Dozen with Kurzweil and you are  right
that the page numbers are not correct, however, if  you set the operator
page numbers to skip the preliminary pages and set page 1 at the actual
beginning of the book they are then correct and the table of
contents  matches, so I do not believe there any missing page breaks.

I have no idea how the Braille version would turn out.
I agree that the stripper could be modified in some way to retain the
actual page numbers, but I believe the elimination of the stripper would
result in even more confusion.

Jim