[bksvol-discuss] Re: Where The Wild Things Are

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 16:09:30 -0400

Hello Susan,
This past Spring semester, we had to read and review 100  children's books
in 7 different catagories. At the beginning of each class, my instructor
reads a quality children's book to us and one day she read Where the Wild
Things Are. I decided to add this book to my evaluations in the caldocott
catagory and did a search for it on bookshare. So, I share in your praises
on the descriptions of the wild things. I had never heard of, let alone read
this book before that class. After reading the book, I quickly went and
purchased it and added it to my collection and have dubbed it to the favs'
list. Maurice Sendax other books are great as well and I have started adding
them also. So sorry to hear of his passing.
Netta
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we
are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most
frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened
about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are
all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory
of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And
as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission
to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence
automatically liberates others."-Mariann  Williamson