[bksvol-discuss] Re: Where I put my comment?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:21:00 -0700

Hi Tomoko,

        When you upload a book after validation, you do have the option to
reject the book yourself.  That is one of the functions of a validator, to
check whether a book already exists in the bookshare collection, and to
compare any  already available copy and the newly scanned copy to determine
which is the better scan.  If the book already in the Bookshare collection
is indeed a better copy, you can reject the newly scanned book as a
validator.

        Here is how you do that.  When you are on your step 2 page, looking
at the list of books which you have out for validation, you have the choice
to upload, or to release any given book.  This is sort of misleading, okay,
really misleading in the case of rejecting a book.  To reject a book, you
need to choose the "upload" button.  Once you have done that, you are then
given the option to either accept or to reject the book in question.  At
this point you can reject the newly scanned book.

I do not remember this next part for sure, but I do think that at some point
during this process you are given the option to supply reasons that you
chose for rejecting a book.

Hope that helps some.

I'm just curious.  My memory is not what it should be.  Is this information
not included in the volunteer manual?  If it isn't, I think that it should
be.

Good luck from here on out!

Mayrie