[bksvol-discuss] Where Are the Science Fiction Readers?

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:39:16 -0500

Hi Folks,

On January 21, I submitted The Children of the Sky by Vernor Vinge, and I
announced it here. On January 25, it was picked up by someone and released,
expired?, on February 8. Unfortunately, the book has been on the Check Out page
since then.

I am a bit disappointed, and somewhat amazed as well, that a book by one of the
most acclaimed SF writers in recent decades is having trouble finding a
proofreader. Where are the Science Fiction readers out there?

I would certainly prefer that someone read through it, but at this point, I'd
be grateful if, short of an entire read through, a proofreader would do
whatever they feel is necessary to satisfy themselves that the book is of
excellent quality and send it on to the Approval queue. I have read through it
and spell checked it completely, adjusted all fonts appropriately, and made
sure that all page breaks and page numbers are accounted for.

I would appreciate it very much if someone would please take this book so it
can get into the collection.

Thanks much.

Evan