[bksvol-discuss] Re: When to Reject!!

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:10:17 -0400 (EDT)

Sarah

I'm going to adopt your yardstick until I own K1000 and have mastered it. It is practical to consider such a frequent occurrence of errors as something that is going to drive the average reader batty.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Sarah Van Oosterwijck wrote:

I would personally feel a book should be rejected if words were missing with
the frequency of an important word for every 2 lines on average, or an
entire line for each page.  I don't think 1 letter wrong in a word, or small
words like "the" would count as missing or completely scrambled "important
words". You know there is no rule, but if you found the book extremely
irritating, then reject it.  If it was a type of book you would usually
enjoy, and this one was annoying to read, reject.  If you liked reading the
book in general, approve.  Of course, if the book wasn't something you would
particularly enjoy even in perfect condition, applying these guidelines
won't help at all.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity