[bksvol-discuss] Re: What's the Deal with Text Files

  • From: "Katie Star" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 19:27:44 -0700

HI Lissi,

Think of it this way. Word and say Kurzweil are both programs you can edit
text files in.
Both programs can open and work with a number of text file formats.
RTF is one of the common types of word files which means Rich text format.
Bookshare requires final uploads to be in rtf format.
So for example you may have a TXT, doc or one of the other text files and
when you open them up you can then save them into rtf. It is best to do the
conversion when you first open the file then edit since in simple terms,
What you see will be what you get.

I hope this helps:)

Katie Hill
Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        You, who are thirsty, come hither: if, by chance, the fountain
fails,

        The goddess has, by degrees, prepared the everlasting waters.

translation by fulcanelli of an inscription on the

statue of maitre plerre, which stood on the parvis of

Notre-Dame-de-Paris until its removal in 1748