[bksvol-discuss] Re: What would you all think...

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 22:00:37 -0500

Hey Sarah,
    There are services out there that will route a subdomain to your dynamic IP
address as it changes. I believe that you just have to run a small client on
your system that will update the DNS records with the provider.
    Note however that most ISPs do not allow you to run servers on their
network.

The site I'm currently working on I'm scripting in asp (active server pages).
An MS Access database is providing the backend of it. I've never programmed in
anything like asp before. On the web I've strictly done HTML before, although I
do have background in both Visual Basic and C++.
I recently purchased a domain name for $10/year and purhcased a web hosting
package for $10/month. The package in my opinion is well worth it for what you
get.

    If I've peaked your interest you can write me off list and we can chat some
more.

Cheers!
Jake