[bksvol-discuss] What would you all think...

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 03:56:43 -0500

Hi all,
    I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for a while now and wanted to
know if anyone would be interested in such a project.
    If I were to create a site that users could put links to BookShare titles
into different categories/series listings, would you use it?
For example, I know Shelley in particular wants a humor category *smile* and on
the site you could create a Humor category and then proceed to add links to
titles from the collection. You would need to enter, stuff like the Title,
Author and BookShare ID of the book and then the book would be linked in that
Category.
Users of the site could go browse a category and if a title caught there eye,
click on the link and be taken to the BookShare page for that book.

I'm a computer science geek and am looking for projects to keep me busy *grin*
and building and interactive website actually sounds like fun. So if you have
made it this far and are still interested in such a site, let me know either on
or off list. If there's enough interest I will start work on it.

Thanks!
Jake