[bksvol-discuss] Re: What type of scanner do I need

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 18:42:28 -0500

Dear Jodene;

You will find many helpful volunteers, so just ask away!  I would look around
for a sale on ABBYY FineReader Pro; I got one for about $100 as a bargain at
Christmas, but if you are upgrading it will be under $200 regardless.

We also scan for our daughter, although all three of us are members.  I have
arthritis and am dyslexic and my husband, Doug, is a quadriplegic.   Nichole
just turned 19 and has severe CP and is non-verbal, but has a passion for
reading!

Welcome!
Valerie