[bksvol-discuss] What do I do about this?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:50:49 -0400

I am currently scanning a book that I read before losing my eyesight. That was some time more than twenty-seven years ago and so, while I remember enough to know what I have now encountered, I don't remember it well enough to describe it. I have reached the appendix and there is one or more pages that contain uncaptioned photographs of government documents that were obtained through the freedom of information act. I recall that the documents have names and passages that have been blotted out by the government before they were turned over. Of course, I do not recall the wording of these documents. No matter what settings I use my attempts to scan this material results in pure garble. There are references throughout the text of the book to these documents, so I consider them to be relevant. For right now I have simply put the following statement in brackets. This page contains photographs of government documents that cannot be described here. My question is, does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I should handle this situation?