[bksvol-discuss] Re: What braces look like in print (was Re: Re: Proofing: Is this correct?)

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:36:25 -0500

I had a belt a few years ago that kind of self destructed. On a whim I decided to try out a pair of suspenders. I could not help feeling like my pants were falling down, so I kept tightening the suspenders. It got to the point that I was walking in a stoop and my pants were pulled up so high that my crotch was rubbing raw. I finally decided that the damnable things were just too entirely uncomfortable and went back to a belt.

On 11/30/2012 11:17 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
chuckle--not to Regina's note--sympathy for the headache--but to Judy's wonderful description of brackets and how the parentheses got that way; An added irrelevant comment because I never know when to stop; ( braces are also, in England, I think, suspenders (of course many of you may be too young to know what suspendrs are (or were) here in the u.S.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Thanks Judy.  I found my brackets which was the symbol Madeleine
    wants me to use for [blank page].  Thanks for your wonderful
    description of these symbols in print.

    Reggie

    *From:*bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *From:*bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx