[bksvol-discuss] Re: What braces look like in print (was Re: Re: Proofing: Is this correct?)

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 21:32:47 -0600

Oh, yikes. I did start calling it a brace. Thanks for catching that, Roger!

Judy s.
On 11/30/2012 9:05 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
In the middle of your message you switched from calling it a bracket to calling it a brace. You were still describing a bracket though. I am sure that this was an accident on your part, but to avoid confusion I thought I should point it out. That brings up the question of how you would describe the shape of a brace though. Now, that one is complicated. Think of the description of a parenthesis. Shrink it to about half the size of a parenthesis and place two of them together one on top of the other and facing the same way. Then connect them with an acute angle on the rounded side and between them. The apex of the acute angle should be pointing outward. By outward I mean in the direction opposite to the word or phrase that is enclosed in braces.
On 11/30/2012 9:06 PM, Judy s. wrote:

Other related posts: