[bksvol-discuss] Re: What braces look like in print (was Re: Re: Proofing: Is this correct?)

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 10:55:03 -0800 (PST)

They look like two "nested" less than signs. If you have not seen a less than
sign, it is like a nearly equilateral triangle standing on the point that would
be a vertical line, but that side is absent.  Or, describing a less  than sign
from left to right, picking a point mid line and having a short ray up and
down,
like a sideways lowercase letter v, so a left double angle bracket would be
like
two letter v's stacked rotated clockwise a quarter turn.

Is that clear as mud?  I am not good at descriptions like Doug.
 Valerie

www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples