[bksvol-discuss] Re: What about bullets in Braille?

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Ann.

I got all excited when I read your advice and
immediately went to follow it, opening a Word
document. The automatic bullet is unchecked--but maybe
that's just for the document I opened. I'll check next
time it shows up. It only shows up on headings, and
I've tried changing the headings to different ones but
when I go back to the font I want the bullet appears
again way over on the side.

Anyway, I'm keeping your advice on my desktop so I
don't forget the next time I have the problem.

Many thanks.

G.Cindy
--- Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> G. Cindy, if you're getting automatic bullets, you
> can shut them up
> permanently if you want to.  Here's how to spank
> Word and make it behave!
>
> 1.  open the tools menu.
>
> 2.  go down to  Autocorrect Options.
>
> 3.  In there you will find two tabs.  You want the
> autoformat as you
> type one.  Once you click on that tab, you want to
> go to where there's
> a whole list of items that you can check or uncheck.
>  You will find
> automatic bullets and numbers in there.  Uncheck it!
>  You may want to
> uncheck the bit about smart quotes too.
>
> 4.  Tab to OK, or click on it.  Voila.  You've just
> told Word to sit up
> and fly straight!  I just hate the way Word thinks
> it knows what you
> want to do.  I've done everything I know to chain it
> up, muzzle it, and
> make it tow the line!
>
> Ann P.
>
> --
> Ann K. Parsons
> Portal Tutoring
> EMAIL:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.portaltutoring.info
> "All that is gold does not glitter,
> Not all those who wander are lost."
>
> Email services provided by the System Access Mobile
> Network.  Visit
> www.serotek.com to learn more about accessibility
> anywhere.

AVAILABLE AT