[bksvol-discuss] What a weekend!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:24:28 -0400

Wow, you guys, I leave on Friday morning for a communion with nature, AKA
camping on some forestry road, where we were literally in the middle of no
where, with three humans, and three dogs.  smile.

But I come home and find a ton of mail, smile and a ton of discussion.

I am normally a submitter.  I didn't thoroughly read some of my scans, as
well, they don't interest me.  But the ones I do, I try to fix all errors I
can.

For the ones I don't read, I do preview several pages of stuff before going
to town on the scanning process.

Once in a great while one page, for some unknown reason may be mangled, and
I can't find out why.  I have found that just reading these will fix them.

But this is an very lively and interesting discussion on scanning verses
validation and the like.

II am a primary scanner, never liked editing much though have five books
validated now, smile.  So I guess there is hope for me yet.
 Keep the discussion coming, as that is what a list serv is for.  And Thank
you Kelly for the information on clearing out End of line hyphens.

Now, to finish unpacking and nurse my mosquitoes bites.  smile. Majorly  lot
of fun but I missed nmy BN, smile, and the books I had on it.  smile.  Can I
say I am a technology person.  smile.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council