[bksvol-discuss] What I Do: Was Re: To Cindy Re: do others like this description?

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <hillikera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:48:21 -0700

Hi all,

Monica is half right below.  I was originally hired last fall as a student
intern for Bookshare.  Now that I've been working for a year, and since I'm
no longer a student, my title was changed to Collection Development
Associate.  I work full-time and I love the work that I do.

Before I worked for Bookshare as a staff member, I was a
volunteer for about 4 years, and a regular member for 5.  So I definitely
feel as if I can often understand what your experiences are like.

It turns out that I'm no longer compiling volunteer synopses, but that got
complicated because  I've been doing them for the past six months or so, and
this was a new change.  I'm also not on the volunteer list as much as I used
to be because I'm doing so many other Bookshare things.

If anyone has other questions, you may still write me at
allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best,

Allison Hilliker
Collection Development Associate
WWW.Bookshare.Org
E-mail allisonh@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity - A Nonprofit
Organization

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>