[bksvol-discuss] Welcome! was--Re: Re: Open Book problem

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:02:04 -0500

   Hi Nimit,
Welcome to the group! I think that this list is one of the most helpful tools there is on Bookshare if you are a volunteer. If you want to know anything about scanning or proofreading, someone here will help! Again, Welcome!
Marty

-----Original Message----- From: Nimit Kaur
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:17 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Open Book problem

Hello,

I use jaws and sometimes it does that.  When it does that, I just
press alt+F4 and go back to everything.  See if that works!!!  By the
way, I am nimit a new volunteer!!!  Thanks!

On 12/12/12, Dasha Radford <dasha95@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here are the steps. I go to Windows Internet Explorer type in Google.com
when I pressed enter it said Google search took me into the edit box. I
typed in my search and LS BART BART. I pressed enter and it said and out
Best Buy Google search. Usually it says something about the page like page
has however many headings and however many links. It's not doing that when I
press the down arrow key it says blank press up arrow key it says blank. I
press tab several times it does nothing until it takes me to the address bar which takes a bit. I don't know what's going on but I can't do anything with
it in the Internet. Everything else is working fine.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2012, at 7:34 PM, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

That sounds like you may just be passing over blank lines. If you let it
do a continuous read does it have a problem where those blanks are? If it
doesn't and if it just keeps reading I think that is what is going on.
On 12/12/2012 4:51 PM, Dasha Radford wrote:
Hi,
This isn't related well not exactly but I'm curious if anyone has faced
this particular problem. I was trying to access a website audible.com to
be precise when all of the sudden my Internet instead of showing to
webpage just started saying blank blank blank when you press the down
arrow key. I reset the Internet settings. I've also tried uninstalling a
program I installed earlier today thinking that might be the problem it
doesn't seem to be the case. Is there something I'm not seeing? I tried
it with the Bookshare website which is completely accessible. Still same
problem.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 12, 2012, at 4:44 PM, "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Ann;
I fixed the problem, the scanner wasn't letting go of the TWAIN after
processing (or something like that). Now today, I am facing another
problem.
The dang thing WILL NOT "come on"...well rather, I can't tell whether or
not
the light is on or off. There are no "eyes" at home with me right now
and
today my sight is not cooperating with me, so I'll check as soon as
someone
comes home.
Netta
"Just because you are blind does not mean you lack vision"-Stevie
Wonder

put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list
line.
line.

NIMIT KAUR

Additional Email Contact: