[bksvol-discuss] Weird Plastic Strip

  • From: "Linda Adams" <ladams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:48:44 -0600

Hi, everyone.  I am working on a natural weight loss cure book.  On page 157,
there is a plastic rectangle approximate one inch long and approximately a
half-inch wide stuck to the book permanently.  The weird thing is that the
scanner apparently recognized everything on the page; the plastic strip didn't
interfere with recognition as far as I can proofread.  Has anyone else seen
these strips in books before?  Is it one of those security tags that stores
sometimes forget to remove from products?  I am curious.

Linda Adams