[bksvol-discuss] Re: Webreader question

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:16:03 -0600

Evan, just do a web search to look at reviews of Internet Explorer versus other browsers regarding its security and you'll see why the other browsers are better. Not only does IE have on-going security problems, it also comes out of a continuing history where Microsoft patches problems instead of redoing code so the code is a tangled mess. It's full of non-compliant extensions, lots and lots of other stuff as well.

I can't speak to how well Firefox is regarding accessibility or its interface with accessible products for the blind, as I use other accessible products than you'd use. email me off list if there is some stuff regarding Firefox that I might be able to help with. On the PC side I use Firefox or Opera and have used Seamonkey a lot in the past too. I have IE but don't use it because of its problems.

Judy s.
On 2/1/2013 7:20 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Well, I can see the Read Now and the Add to Bookshelf links with my Firefox 18 as well as my Internet Explorer 9, using Window Eyes 8.0. (The "To" in Add to Bookshelf should not be capitalized by the way.) Judy, I'd be interested in your reasons for stating that Any one of those browsers is better than Internet Explorer. though! grin." I don't have any experience with any browsers other than Firefox, however I can give you several reasons why my user experience with Firefox is substantially inferior to that of Internet Explorer. If you're curious, send me a message and I'll write you off list. (Come to think of it, you may be able to help me remedy some of them.)
Evan