[bksvol-discuss] Re: Webreader question

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:31:38 -0500

For what it's worth, that kind of mirrors my own sentiments. I have enough to do when I am sitting at the computer as it is. When I do my reading I want to do it on an independent device that I can take elsewhere and relax. That is, of course, a personal preference and I am sure that it varies from person to person. As for the bookshelf, I have not yet looked at it, but I may check that out. Right now I have a Bookshare folder in my bookmarks with specific books bookmarked that I might want to download later. I hope that the bookshelf feature has a place to add personal notes. Right now I am adding very brief notes in the title of the bookmark that I have for each book.

On 1/31/2013 5:44 PM, Sue Stevens wrote:

Well, for myself, I don't like to be chained to a computer when reading a book. I can organize my own bookshelves. (smile) Just my preference.

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Madeleine Linares
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:41 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Webreader question

Hi Nimit and Marty,

We do know this. Ideally, we'll have a reader that works in all browsers, but at the moment, we're doing the best we can with what we have. Our feeling is that something is better than nothing, so at least some people will be able to access their books though the reader while we work to make it accessible for everyone. Of course, we would like everyone to have equal access to everything, but that takes time and tricky engineering so we very much appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to get this done!

Best,

Madeleine