[bksvol-discuss] Re: Web Error 1001

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:37:08 -0500

Dilsia,
By any chance are you using a bookmark or using some other sort of shortcut to get to those pages. That error means that the site cannot read the temporary cookie that it sets to see that you have come from a legitimate starting point. It's a way of defending against certain kinds of hacks. Popup blockers and anti spyware software will sometimes defeat the temporary cookies. Almost any Norton product will interfere with proper access to the site unless you set Bookshare and other secure sites as being safe.

________________________ Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D. Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org www.bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org
www.benetech.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dilsia A. Martinez" <dilsiam@xxxxxxxxx>