[bksvol-discuss] We cannot accept digital submissions

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bookshare.org Volunteers <Volunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 17:35:22 +0000

Hi all.

Just a friendly reminder from our collections department, that we cannot accept
digital versions of books (for example, books you get on your Kindle) even if
they've been converted into RTF format.  If you submit these files for
proofing, it will be a waste of other volunteers' time, as Carrie will reject
the book.

Bookshare has an agreement with publishers that we will not accept digital
formats of any books, other than directly from them.

Thank you!

Alisa K. Moore, Volunteer Program Manager