[bksvol-discuss] Re: Volunteer Manual as a whole

  • From: "Linda Adams" <ladams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 15:30:24 -0600

Hi, Cindy.  It's okay; I forgive you.  When I sent those attachment files to
Jim Baugh, I only had in mind to make the manual easily accessible, especially
to newcomers to our lists who might feel a bit intimidated about reading an
on-line manual.  At times, we may even get people who want to help but who may
have a slight learning disability.  We should have compassion for that reason.
I never meant my attempt to break down an accessibility barrier to go so awry.
Everyone who works and volunteers for Bookshare fits in a special place and has
a certain talent or group of talents to offer.  Bookshare's staff is great, and
I would expect nothing less than that they will find a way for all to read
their manual comfortably, no matter what disability or ailment may be involved
with Bookshare's volunteers.  In that way, Bookshare will ensure that the most
people will be able to help with our collection.  Now we just have to be
patient and see what happens.

Linda Adams