[bksvol-discuss] Re: Very very happy

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:52:34 -0500

Very very happyOne thing you can do when you find a word in a book and wonder
whether it is legit is Google it. Either do a general web search, or use the
"define:" feature and see if it turns up. (The "define:" feature isn't
foolproof though. I looked up a legitimate word today and found no definition.
But I did find references to it in the general search, though.) So doing a
general search may be your best approach, especially if you think it might be a
word that the author made up. If it turns up on web pages that refer to the
book you are reading, then you will know that it is scanned correctly. If it
isn't spelled correctly, you may get one of those "did you mean ...?" things
from Google, which may give you the correct spelling you need. No guarantees on
any of this, of course, but it's always worth a shot.

Evan