[bksvol-discuss] Verifying a copyright

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:02:50 -0600

Hi, all.

I just downloaded A Safe Place To Fall by Barbara Bretton.

This book has been kicked back to step one three times because Gustavo had questions about the copyright. Since I can't see what the other three validators put in the copyright field, and since I don't know specifically what is being questioned, I can't say for sure that the information they submitted is incorrect.

I just checked with www.copyright.gov, and the book is there with the same copyright date of 2001 which appears on the first page of the book I downloaded. However, on the second or third page of the book is a notation that this edition is the large print edition published in 2004 by Thorndike Press, so it has more pages than the edition listed on the copyright web site. Everything else checks out, though.

assuming one or all of the validators confirmed this information, is there any reason why the copyright info. would be questioned? I'm thinking that perhaps they didn't notice the revised publication date of 2004, which, if I remember correctly is the date we should be using?

Besides that, the book is a good scan and should be easy to validate. I just want to be sure I've got the copyright issue straightened out before I dive in.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Please note, Effective Immediately:
My New E-mail Address is