[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validators being notified of kick-backs

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:02:25 -0500

The reason a book is rejected is because the validator found substantial mistakes in it. So a second validator would not be able to fix it. It would need a second submit.

The point you may be missing here is that books are very seldom rejected outright unless substantial issues exist with the scan. I stress the word "substantial". I further suggest that you check in with the list on any book where you are tempted to reject. State what is going on with it so that we can help fix it up. New validators, in particular, may too hastily reject books which can be fixed up.

Rejects often occur for huge reasons. Examples include many many lines being cut off so that words are missing in patterns at the margin, lots and lots of missing pages not just one or two, no page breaks at all, no copyright information which can be check out. In this last case, ask the list for help as copyright info can almost always be found if people search and some of us are really good at it. Not me by the way. I check with the list in such cases.

E.