[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validation problem

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:10:25 -0600

Hi Mary.

I suspect you aren't doing anything wrong.

If you do as I do when using ranked spelling, when k1000 comes across a word it doesn't know, but you know it's right, you either ignore the word, or, more likely, ignore all occurrences of the word. That takes the word out of consideration for a ranked spelling score.

When you change formats, all bets are off, and all words that you previously ignored are now considered for a score, which will bring the score down. Nothing has actually changed, it's all in the process.

I hope that makes sense, and makes you feel a little better.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Stephens" <mstephen@xxxxxxxx>