[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validation Question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:47:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Sue,

Unfortunately, the only copy I could find was a 1911
edition in Reference in the Central Library in
downtown L.A. It's nice that they keep these copies
for posterity, but it isn't much help when they don't
circulate. They have a lot of his other books, though,
and quite a few of the old ones as e-books. It might
be in Project Gutenberg, unless the copyright was
renewed Maybe bookshare could get it from PG.

Is the book in really bad shape? I'm pretty good at
filling in missing words in sentences. As I said in an
earlier post, or maybe that was to someone off-list,I
don't know if it's because of my experience in
proof-reading and editing or as an English teacher or
just a knack like noticing four-leaf clovers in a patc
of clover. Or it's possible that it's easier to do
with sight than with listening or Braille.

If it's a matter of missing or garbled pages, then of
course there's nothing I can do without the book, but
I'm willing to take a look at it if it's just divided
words or awkward sentences.

In answer to your other post, I've noticed the same
thing--RTF does show in the corner as Plain text--
whether one works on it as rtf or as Word and then
converst to RTF before upoading, which is wwhat I just
did.

Cindy