[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validation Question

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:14:15 -0500

Dear Paula,

You are so, so, so, welcome here! All of the volunteers keep Bookshare popping, but as you can see by the large number of books on the step one page, there's lots of work for validators.

Except for Gerald and Jake, who are our moderators and whose advice is accurate, in keeping with policy and always helpful, lots of us will speak up and help any way we can. Just don't be surprised to find we tend to put our own spin on our work so advice will vary.

In the case of your book, I think the most official answer is that you can reject the book because it's required that all of the page breaks be present.

If I had your book, and the page numbers of the pages without page breaks were there. In other words, if it was easy to see where the missing page breaks belonged, I'd just put them in. I use jaws and Microsoft word 2003 and use control enter to insert a page break.

If you aren't sure how to edit or upload, feel free to ask. You'll need to tell us what software you're using because different systems involve different commands. I'm learning Kurzweil, which is very popular here, so I'm learning new tricks myself!.

I'm a careful validator, but a pokey one. I enjoy reading the books as I validate, so inserting corrections along the way tends to sharpen my concentration. But, as much as I like to avoid rejecting books, if page breaks were missing and it wasn't clear where they belonged, I'd reject the book and indicate that the lack of half of the page breaks was the reason.

Keep us posted. You'll love it when you get that first book approved!

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paula Mack" <pmack1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>