[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validation Question

  • From: Pascha Lea <pascha2u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I'm a bit behind in reading this mailing list, hence my late response...

There is a function in word called 'Table to Text' that will turn a remove the
table, but leave the text contained in the table, separated by commas, or
spaces, or any other character you choose.

If you go to 'Table' in the word menu bar, then 'Convert', then 'Table to
Text', it will bring up a dialogue box that asks you what you want to separate
the text with. Then voila - no more table.

I'm sighted, so I don't know the keystroke commands to bring this up in Word.
But these are general menu options.

Hope that helps.

Lea

Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Cindy Lou, I am sure there is a way
to get rid of a table in word, but the only way I know of is to highlight the
text you want, copy it (ctrl-c) and then paste it into a program that does not
use tables like notepad. Then highlight it again (ctrl-a to select all, ctrl-c
to copy) and paste it back into word.

  Then highlight the table and press delete to delete the table.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently reading: Mistletoe Murder - Leslie Meier
 Find great deals on books at Half.com.