[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validation - Finished Product who self-validate books

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, put a blank line before and after the page breaks. I change all tabs to
spaces and all em dashes to -- because there isn't a long dash in Braille, I
guess. Also a blank line before and after the page number.  That's what I do
based on everything I've heard and picked up here. Also where it will say
Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc., put the word Chapter on a line by itself above the
real Chapter to protect them from the bookshare tools.

  I think the bookshare tools will handle extra spaces and extra blank lines
but I am not certain about that.

You're right, James, it would be so nice to have one straightforward document
to help especially new validators and scanners. I know I made tons of mistakes
when I first started and even recently with Cotton Song because I didn't
realize you had to have Chapter, paragraph return, Chapter 1, Paragraph return.

  Good luck writing up one document to include all of the things one has to do
to avoid the pitfalls that happen during processing.

Jamie in Michigan