[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating my books, and some questions, please.

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:19:44 -0500

Hi Mayrie,

I am no expert, nor am I a list monitor, but I, for one, do  not have kes,
arc, or any other scanning program, so  that means that I would not be able
to validate kes books.  Not because of stubbornness, but because all I have
is Microsoft Word, which can open RTF files.  The folks are just saying that
books get picked up quicker if they are submitted in this format because of
the above.

Another thing that could help a book get picked up quicker is announcing the
title and author on this list when you submit, so that people who likke a
particular author can grab it.

Most volunteers do a very great job of cleaning up their submissions.  For
scanning you earn $2.50 per submission  that is published on bookshare, and
for validation only you earn 50 cents per book that is published.  The site
automatically keeps track of how much you earn, and you can look at that
info any time in your "my account" info.

Good luck and I hope this helps encourage you and Gwen.

All the best,

Sue S.