[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating books you hate

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 21:08:10 -0600

I am trying to  validate books I like and enjoy boing.
I truly tried doing books I didn't enjoy, and that is wrong for me, plus I might accidentally miss something or do something wrong, because my heart is not in it, this is just me.
But I am not personally able to read through hot sex  scenes.
Now I realize that is my piculiar quirk, I tried that, and I don't feel I did the best job I could have done had I truly been into what I was reading.. I would rather leave that joy to someone else who can truly do a wonderful job of proofing the books, and proof books I can get into, and do a wonderful job at the same time. Bob Robert is right. I go for Christian fiction, love pioneer books. I truly love books set in the 1800s and even before, if I can read a story and that is it without all the extra stuff that for me is not necessary *smile* family books, kids books. Happily ever after books. I face enough of real stuff heavy stuff in my own personal life, I guess I need an escape *smile* a way of coping when life gets to dark and heavy for me personally.
Gwen
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>