[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating Books: A Mistake

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:35:18 -0400 (EDT)

Kellie

I would like to see, in such instances, both the submitter and validator
notified about the problem and what exactly looks suspicious about the
questionable date of copyright?
Else, validators are going on a goosechase with little likelihood of
clearing things up    to Gustavo's satisfaction.
I'm to the point, particularly with scanning a book, that unless the word
or copyright symbol appears
on a title page, there are going to be
problems.
I understand what Gustavo's concern is, or at least I think I do, but I
think that the communication needs to be etter on this explaining what
looks suspicious or questionable.
And this would presumably vary from case to case.