[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating Books

  • From: "Reggie & Lonnie" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:03:04 -0400

Yes, still here! (smiles). I began validating a couple of books that were TXT. In fact, I think they were books that Shelley scanned. Anyway, I began removing hyphens at the end of lines and when I tried to exit Word it told me that there was formatting incompatible with Word (paraphrasing here). Anyway, there was good protection of the text, page numbers, and chapter titles so I just didn't want to reck the books. Can someone tell me how with Word I could have finished validating these books? Does changing it to RTF change the page breaks? Do the page breaks disappear? Still confused on this page break thing but knew they were there. Somewhere in my reading of emails I understood we could validate TXT and send them up as TXT. Can someone help me here, please? Thanks beforehand as I may not be on here for the next couple of days as much as I wish I could be.
Reggie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>