[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:28:18 -0500

Hi E,
    I don't have a copy of the Kurzweil manual handy, nor do I have access
to K1K. The backslash is what is used in many programming languages to
denote things like end of line. If you wanted to actually write a backslash,
you would need to type it twice. Kurzweil uses \n for new line, \t for tab,
those are the only two I know for sure off hand that are supported.
Undoubtedly there are others.

Microsoft Office products, like Word, use the caret (^) as the escape key
sequence, ^t being for tab, to write a caret, you'd need to put two of them.

These escape key sequences obviously are intended for use in Find/Replace
dialogs, since often you can't just push the enter key and have that
included in what you're searching for.

Anyone else out there got a page you can pull out of the Kurzweil manual
detailing any other keystrokes that work in the Kurzweil 1000?

JAke