[bksvol-discuss] Re: Using the Mac

  • From: Beverly Cory <beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 14:08:06 -0700

You are proofreading a Word document, right? I have Word for Mac 2011, but I
don't think this has changed much from earlier versions of Word for Mac:

If you click the little paragraph mark in the menu bar to "show all nonprinting
characters,"  then page breaks show up as a blue line (across the width of the
document) labeled Page Break, and section breaks as a blue line labeled Section
Break.

To change them, you can use the standard Find and Replace tool.  Enter ^b
(caret b) in the "Find" window to locate section breaks, and enter ^m (caret m)
in the "Replace with" window to change to page breaks.

At least, this works for me.

Beverly