[bksvol-discuss] Re: Using Our Validation Resources Wisely

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 12:12:21 -0500

Stop appologizing. It's this simple. It's easier to scan than correct--a lot easier. If I had the choice to clean or rescan, I'd rescan if the book weren't Over 99 percent. When I worked on Power to the People, my scan was over 99.4 without corrections. I didn't know that and wouldn't if I hadn't checked the ranked spelling list, but doing a careful scan does make things Much better. We all know that not all books make this possible. Where it is possible, though, it should be done. The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich just illustrates this perfectly.