[bksvol-discuss] Use of Capital Letters in Printed Text

  • From: "Nancy Feldman" <nancy_feldman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 22:24:53 -0600

Good Evening,

I'm validating a book where, when the scene changes, the first few words of
the new scene are all in upper case.  It actually has more to do with
distance, I think, because sometimes the capitalization ends in the middle
of a word.

The scanner identifies this correctly, and the first few words are
appropriately capitalized.  I could do nothing, which would certainly be
easiest, but if someone is listening to this book aloud, they will sometimes
hear words mispronounced, since the first part of the word is capitalized,
while the rest is not.

Do I leave the capitalization alone, even though it causes the book to be
read oddly?

Thanks.