[bksvol-discuss] Re: Upload Problems

  • From: "Lisa Salinger" <lisasali@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 23:12:02 -0400

Thanks so much!  This is very helpful.

Lisa Salinger
Renee, Retired Guide and
Joie, Guide/SD
lisasali@xxxxxxxx
Skype: Joies_Mom
http://lisasali.livejournal.com/

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jake Brownell
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:04 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Upload Problems

  Hi Lisa,
      I noticed several of the books you had did get returned. If you go to the
step one page and see a book you've already validated, click on it. Then, go
down until the section just above the link to download the book. You'll see
that this section is Comment History. Now, there's lots of codes in this, but
if you read it carefully, you'll see an action: RETURNNEW and the user Gustavo
Galindo. Directly below his name should be some type of comment requesting that
something should be done. One comment might be "Please verify copyright
holder." This isn't the only one.

      That means that Gustavo would like you to double check the copyright
field is correct. You may need to use the US Copyright Office's website to do
this, or you might just need to make sure the copyright field on the site
matches the copyright in the book file.
      In any case, when you upload that book, you need to put a note in the
Comments area that tells Gustavo what you did in response to his request.
Without doing that, Gustavo will probably assume the validator did nothing
about his request and he will put it back on step one again.
      Make sure when you upload the book again, that you use your corrected
copy, not the new copy from step one, (that new copy is the original,
unvalidated copy).

      BTW to see if you have worked on this book before you can use the Find
feature to search for your name. You can even search for Gustavo to see if he
has done something to the book.

      As always, if you need help interpreting any of the comment history, feel
free to write the list with details, or myself, or one of our list moderators.
Somebody will be more than happy to help you get that book into the collection.

  Jake