[bksvol-discuss] Re: Upload

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:16:12 -0500

The lower case Y and lower case g could be confused.  Both have a "tail
pointing down, and depending on the font, the y and g both have a "cup"
ontop of the tail.  The difference is the G is closed into a circule while
the y is left open.

Let me think, hmmm, how would you describe that in braille.

Smile. hmmm.

well, I don't think there is a way, smile.

But I hope this helps, smile.

There was a couple of guys who created a system for teaching print letters
using the braille sell, I shall have to dig it up.  Oh, wait.

O.k. smile, imagine the braille cell.

A y, would be dots 1, connected to 2, and a line going from 2 to 5, and then
a like connecting 4, 5, 6.  The g would be a box, made of dogs 1, 2, 4, 5
all connected, and then a line going down from 5, to 6.

Smile.  visualation aside, but that is the difference between a lower case g
and y.

I learned print, and read print all the way up to two years ago, in come
compasity or another, am now a full time braille reader, and do miss the
"little things" I could do myself, in print.

But hey you get the cards you are dealt.  And there are positives to this
blindness thing I am learning, not seing the Burger King commercial for the
Chicken Baccon Cheddar Ranch, or so my parents says is quite a blessing,
smile.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council