[bksvol-discuss] Unable to Submit A Book

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:15:21 -0700

I am trying to submit a book, and keep getting the dreaded message:

Error: Some of the data you submitted was either missing or incorrect. Please
fix the problems below and try again.

But does it tell me what data is missing or incorect?  If so, I cannot find
that information.  I have typed everything very carefully, I took out the ISBN
since I thought it was either wrong, not so actually, or formatted incorrectly;
I tried it with and without the dashes before removing it.  I tried shortening
the long synopsis, as I thought that might be causing a problem.  I am certain
that all of the required fields are entered correctly.  But the point is, if I
am wrong, where is the feedback to let me know what to fix?

Maybe I shall just keep books I scan to myself from now on.  I haven't
submitted anything in quite a while, and had forgotten how unhelpful this form
is.  Does anyone know where the feedback is about what I might be doing wrong?
The only time I ever saw a clear message about something wrong was when there
was no file.  Other than that, nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated, but I don't need to go through this.  I do
have a scanner, so I can scan anything I like when I want it, and I can still
download books from Bookshare.  I can think of a lot of things I would rather
do than try to puzzle out a problem because the people who designed the
submission form didn't put in a mechanism for providing feedback when a field
is filled out incorrectly.