[bksvol-discuss] Re: Unable to Submit

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:13:52 -0500

Hi, everyone!  Thanks to everyone for your responses.  Turned out that the
silly short synopsis (SSS for short) was too long... by just a few
characters! <LOL>

BTW, I just submitted "A Promise For Tomorrow," the third book in the
Ribbons Of Steel series by Judith Pella and Tracie Peterson.  Should be an
easy validation, and while I haven't read the entire book yet, I do know
that this is a great series if you like Christian and/or historical fiction.
Here's the synopsis:

Carolina and James Baldwin's wedding had been the happiest day of their
lives, but now family problems and the ever-increasing demands of the B&O
railroad are combining to challenge the newlyweds' continued happiness. When
James' father desperately needs their help, Carolina struggles to forgive
her father-in-law for past wrongs, driving a deep emotional wedge between
the young couple.

James is assigned to supervise the building of the distant Kingwood Tunnel,
and he and Carolina decide to move their growing family from the comforts of
their home in Baltimore to a small rural town in the Allegheny Mountains. No
longer do they have to endure being separated, but soon the pitiful living
conditions take their toll, and complications from both the severe weather
and the escalating tensions among the Irish railroad workers conspire
against them.

A young Irish worker, Kiernan O'Connor, befriends the Baldwins, despite the
protests of his brother. Young Victoria, Carolina's stepdaughter, is
enthralled with the gentle, handsome Kiernan, but will the upper-class
Baldwins ever consider him a proper suitor for their daughter? And will
their friendship prevent James from stopping Kiernan's brother from carrying
out his destructive plans before it's too late?

Enjoy!

Jana