[bksvol-discuss] Two books submitted

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:05:47 -0500

One long one, and one relatively short.

Boobies (Nature's Children)
By Tim harris

Fascinating book about these rather unusual looking sea birds, who stand on
their eggs and use their feet to attract mates. 49 pages

A house Between Homes: youth in the Foster Care System (youth with Special
Needs)
By Joyce Libal
136 pages.

From the Book Jacket:
What would you do if your parents were no longer able to take care of you?
Where would you turn for help if your family was harming or neglecting you?
Are there people out there who could be a new family for you? Could your
parents learn to take care of you the way you deserve? These are just a few
of the many frightening questions faced by youth entering the foster care
system. Thankfully, there are people who can answer these questions and many
places where youth can turn for help.
In A House Between Homes: Youth in the Foster Care System, you will learn
about foster care, laws that govern the system today, and the history of
foster care in North America. You will read about the orphan trains of the
United States and the British Home Children who were sent to Canada. You
will also learn about the challenges youth face as they negotiate the
circumstances that foster care creates in their lives and about some of the
newest and most innovative foster programs. As you read, you will meet Bobby
and Kara, a brother and sister who find their family torn apart by abuse and
neglect. Their journey through a frightening young childhood, foster care,
and an ultimate solution to their displaced lives will teach you a great
deal about the foster care system.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx