[bksvol-discuss] Re: Tudoor England

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:09:50 -0500

Sue,  I agree with Kenneth.  If you have been able to determine that all
pages are there,  page numbers are not necessary.  Page numbers are
typically left in the book by submitters to assist the validator in
ensuring that there are no pages missing nor there are duplicates.  Once
the determination is complete,  page numbers can be removed.

My personal preference is to leave page numbers in the book and just to
clean up or remove the rest of page headers.  But that is personal
preference.  A clean page header should appear as the very first line in a
page,  it should contain no misspellings or junk characters, and should be
followed by a blank line.  If the book had page footers instead,  let the
footer be the very bottom line in the page, and let the previous line be
blank.
Page headers and footers will be stripped by the automated Bookshare
stripping tool,  but will be retained in an archival copy to be used in
future enhanced versions of Bookshare Daisy books.

Regards,

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Kenneth A. Cross" <crossk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/28/2004 08:43 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Tudoor England

In my opinion it should be submitted.  There are a lot of books on the
System that do not have page numbers which correspond to the actual
contents
page.  Again, thanks.