[bksvol-discuss] Re: Trying to Decide Which Scanning and Word Processing Programmed to Use

  • From: Sensation Experience Official <sensationexperience.official@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:34:46 -0800

Hi, All.
@Kelly, I tried using this software but it didn't meet my expectations. If you look back you will see that this is why I asked about better software. Docu Scan Plus isn't meant for scanning large documents because it does not insert page breaks and you are not able to control some aspects of the programme.
-Al...
On 1/26/2014 6:31 PM, Kelly Pierce wrote:
A scanning software alternative from OB and K1000 is DocuScan Plus
from Serotek. It has the latest version of OmniPage and costs $300,
less than a third of the other two.  It is from a company whose
primary focus is accessibility.  sure, it is more than the mainstream
OmniPage  software, but one can be certain about the accessibility at
a much reduced cost.

Kelly

On 1/24/14, Sandi <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, Al, I don't know whether it works with NVDA.  I know that with JAWS
you can install it with speech and one will get out of the way of the other.
  I just don't have that kind of experience with NVDA.

Sandi