[bksvol-discuss] Re: Trans

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:03:17 -0700

The dust jacket doesn't tell you, but there is quite a lot of humor in this as
well as some far-out speculation.  In his Afterword, he calls it a 'frolic' of
a book.  The writing style for Amanda is a bit unusual, but easy to fall into.
I found myself sometimes thinking the way she talks on occasion in the last few
days.

There are a fair number of made up words, and some I thought were made up which
weren't.  I didn't know when I first read it that feggs were a real food.  I
thought it was just some weird scannoe until I checked the book, and even then
I thought he had made up the word.  But I Googled the word, and they do exist.