[bksvol-discuss] Totally OT:Men writing women characters

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:07:24 -0800 (PST)

Speaking of men writing women's characters: One of the
books I read years ago was Fanny Hill, Memoirs of a
Woman of Pleasure. I was totally surprised to see it
was written by a man. It's written in the first
person, as I recall (Memoirs would have to be,
wouldn't they -- smile) and it seemed to me the
character's feelings and reactions were totally like
any woman's would have been in her situations.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com