[bksvol-discuss] Re: Tolkien

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:35:52 -0400 (EDT)

It's not exactly Tolkien, but I was fascinated by what Tolkien borrowed
from Norse mythology.  I'd read that somewhere, but I really saw it for
myself when I validated a book on Norse myths.  Sorry I can't remember the
name of the book.  but there was the giant wolf and Baren One-Hand (with
different names), and a lot of dwarf names are straight from the Norse.
Tracy