[bksvol-discuss] Re: To Strip Or Not To Strip

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 09:51:41 -0400 (EDT)

Gerald

Contrary to the belief of many, there are a lot of us who do not use Daisy
players to read BookShare books.
Hence, if those page numbers aren't protected, as I and others do, those
of us who use other ways to read books won't see them.
This, of course, brings back the whole catch 22 when it comes to BookShare
books -- there is no way to make them totally usable to everyone for if I
use one approach, it works to the disadvantage of someone; if you do
something else, it potentially works against the best use of someone else.
The multiplicity of reading platforms and they way they operate -- and
folks use them -- is a can of worms in attempting to satisfy everyone's
needs.